I recently received two purrrdy blog awards (notice my new bling to the right). The color-coordinating Versatile Blog Award was given to me twice!! First, by the hilariously funny Jenny Phresh. If you're looking for a good laugh, I highly recommend checking out her blog here. It was then bequeathed to me by honest and heartfelt blogger, Ashley Graham. Her blog can be found here.
My final award, the Inspirational Blog Award, was given to me by the lovely Anita Howard. Her blog offers a plethora of interviews, interactive games and contests, and good ole' fashion writer support. Check out her blog here .
Thank you to all three ladies for the awards! I so greatly appreciate all the support you guys give me :o)
Thankfully, no rules came with the Inspirational Blog Award (thank you, Anita), but such is not the case with the Versatile Blog Award (rumor has it, if the rules are not followed, men in black jumpsuits will charge my front door with guns drawn). So, without further ramblings from yours truly, here are the rules:
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated me.
2. Share seven random facts about myself.
3. Pass the award along to 5 new-found blogging buddies.
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.
Okay, I checked number one off. Now, for number two (being a mom, yes, that makes me giggle). Here are my seven things (I'm sensing deja vu):
1. Ms. Anita has nothing on me as far as torture via an older brother. My brother was a huge fan of Bruce Lee movies. And guess who he used to practice his moves on? Yep, lil' ole' me--keep in mind he's almost 5 years older. Oh, and guess who had dog poo flung into her hair when she was younger? Right again! He still tortures me by doing things like posting pics of me (with a mouthful of food, no less) on Facebook.
2. I was born in Cleveland, and lived there for seven years until my parents divorced.
3. I graduated Summa Cum Laude from college (trust me, this makes me sound a lot smarter than I really am)
4. I HAVE to sleep with some kind of white noise (fan, air purifier, etc.).
5. I hate chocolate covered cherries--even the smell makes me nauseous.
6. My mother actually asked my husband (well, fiancee at the time), "Are you sure you know what you're doing?" I know, nice.
7. My husband and I coached four seasons of little league soccer. Let me just say, dealing with the kids was the easy part. Ugh . . .
Phew! Okay, the number three rule states that I must pass the award on to five fellow bloggers, BUT, four of the five I was going to give it to have already gotten it. Sooo . . . I'm going to bend the rules and give it to one (I realize I'm breaking the rules, but since it's only one rule, maybe I'll just get a threatening phone call).
Drum roll please! And that person is Jenny and her blog the pieces of my life . Jenny is truly deserving of this award, because her blog really is versatile. She blogs about everything from family life, to food, to writing (I REALLY like the food part). She is an awesome and talented writer with a witty sense of humor. Oh, and she's a Query Tracker grad, which right off the bat makes her cool ;o)
Here is your award, Jenny!