There's no tell-us-seven-things rule to go along with this award (thank you, Lord). It's sole purpose is to connect bloggers, specifically those with less than 200 followers. Look how quick and simple these rules are:
- Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
- Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Post the award on your blog.
- Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the internet—other writers.
- And best of all – have fun and spread the karma.
1) Jenny Phresh - This girl is hi-lar-i-ous! If your feeling down and need a laugh, check out her blog ;-)
2) Marian Vere - Marian's blog is always full of honest, well-written posts!
3) Bethany - Another funny gal. When she's not shopping at Wal-mart--her favorite store--she's juggling family, work, and a budding writing career!
4) Ashley Graham - Ashley has been absent from the blogosphere for a while, and I miss her inspirational posts :o( Check out some of her older blog posts, and you'll see what I mean ;-)
5) Anna Banks - Anna's debut novel "Of Poseidon" is scheduled for release in Spring of next year. Her posts about what happens AFTER nabbing an agent are awesome. Take a look!
Now it's time for the best writing advice ever!
I want to thank everyone for sharing their best writing advice last week (you guys had some really good stuff!). Based on all the comments, it seems the best writing advice is to stay true to yourself. It sounds like a no-brainer, right? But seriously, how many time have you been tempted (even if just a teeny, tiny bit) to write a certain genre or in a certain POV, just because everyone else was doing it? Okay, so maybe you won't admit to it, but I bet the thought has passed your mind before--even if just fleetingly.
Staying true to yourself is invaluable writing advice, because when you try to force something, the outcome is never good.
" Read anything and everything you can get your hands on. Set aside time to read read read.  There is almost always a better word, or sets of words that can replace an adverb.  Write write write - even if you have nothing to say, write it anyway." --Nina Powers
"You wanta be a writer ... you have to write." --Anita Howard
"Rules are more like guidelines, anyway. (ala Pirates of the Carribean style). Also: Follow your writerly gut." --Cherie
What a cool post! And congrats on the liebster (friend) award! Oh, and congrats also to the nominees. :) I see some of my personal faves up there. HeeReplyDelete
P.S. Your #goatposse button looks great on your blog! Go GOATS!ReplyDelete
I love hearing from other writers because it strengthens me so much! It's good to hear all that advice again! Just giving you a little heads up that I gave you a couple of awards :)ReplyDelete
Woohoo! Congrats on your award!ReplyDelete
I love how you compiled a list of good writing advice. I know I need to be reminded myself, every once in awhile. Thanks, princess!
Anita- Thank you! Yes, I LOVE my #goatposse badge! I feel so honored to be a member- hehehe! ;o)ReplyDelete
Jen- I agree- the advice was stuff I was already knew, but it was inspiring to see that other writers feel the same way
Cherie- Thank you! I think we all need to be reminded sometimes ;o) I'm glad you liked it :o)
Just to be clear, I'd rather cut off my own legs than shop at Wal-Mart. I don't to confuse anyone.ReplyDelete
And now, a big, hearty congrats to you on another outstanding post! This was great!! And thanks for the encouraging nod my direction. I shall definitely take my duties seriously.
@Bethany--LMAO! I thought you'd get a big kick out of that ;o) I crack myself up ;o) (hehehe). Yes, if the apocolypse wiped out every store except one, lonely Wal-Mart, I think you'd go hungry and naked before stepping one foot inside ;o)ReplyDelete
This is all great advice. Sometimes it seems cliche to say stay true to yourself, but better to sound cliche than to feel like a sell-out.ReplyDelete
I finally came by to collect this...sorry for the long delay. I am having trouble getting back into the online swing of things, after nearly being eaten by a bear. Thank you so much, my goat posse pal!ReplyDelete